Here is some information to help your air conditioner cope with higher than normal temperatures.
- Close your curtains or blinds to reduce heat gain from the sun hitting your windows.
- Make sure all of your registers are open and exposed, not covered with furniture.
- Check your filters to be sure they are not clogged.
- Also, especially when the temperatures are soaring, don’t shut off your air conditioner in the evening or when you go to work. You are better off turning the thermostat up a couple of degrees rather than turning it off altogether because it has to start dehumidifying all over again.
- Make sure your outdoor unit’s coil is not clogged with mown grass or dirt nor constricted by plants.
- Lastly, please don’t build a deck over your outdoor unit. You should keep four-foot clearance around the top, front, and sides. This also makes it difficult to work on.
Hopefully, these tips will help extend the efficiency and life of your air conditioner. If you need a repair or free estimate on a new installation, make a comfortable decision.